Medical Devices & Diagnostics
Medical Devices & Diagnostics has been growing at a rapid pace and witnessing transformational change, to cater to the evolving market dynamics. The device manufacturers are shifting from mere product delivery to a holistic delivery by integrating the products with data intelligence and service. The global nature of the industry and focus on the health of individuals has called for regulatory measures and technological advances in this field.
Challenges of Medical Devices and Diagnostics Industry (MDDI)
The medical device market is fast becoming a powerhouse in the global healthcare sector. The following are the general challenges that the MDDI faces :
- Innovate products to be able to meet the demands of patients and healthcare professionals
- Embrace the newer technologies to provide consumers with the experience they deserve with evidence-based care
- Localization of the solutions and products
- Compliance with evolving regulatory and security norms
- Leverage global resources for manufacturing
The industry will look at the following as focus area to combat the challenges:
|MDDI focus areas||Area of interest|
|Compliance & Regulatory|
CADVision offering to MDDI
|Product Engineering||Manufacturing||Compliance||After Sale|
Our Product Innovation
With our proven track record of developing software solutions to our global customers in Medical Devices Industry, we are well placed to offer
- Medical software development that involves medical image processing (from the scanned data) and designing custom implants for each patient. Later the implants are manufactured with medical 3d printing.
- Custom software is used to control product launches in various local markets or geographies while complying with local regulations.
- Design and development of the required products.
- Conceptual design and Detailed Design (Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, and Software).
- New Product Development focuses on innovation and regulatory alignment from concept to design, development, and post-product launch.
- Product Sustenance services add new features and address component/technology obsolescence for existing and end-of-life cycle products.
- Value Engineering aims to enhance product features, build interoperability, improve quality, and reduce cost
Keeping up with Technology
By embracing new technology and keeping abreast of technological advancement, we have become a strategic partner to some of our clients across different industries. The following are some of our technological developments helping us provide high-value offerings to MDDI.
- Image processing
- Mesh Generation
- AI/ML based suggestive approach for patient monitoring
- Mobile application development
- Process automation for processes covering design till delivery
- Open CV, ITK, VTK, QT
- Good exposure in Scan to 3D
- Expertise in all leading MCAD applications automation.
- Verification & Validation
- Class I to Class III device software development
- User interface design & development
- Stand alone, cloud and web application development
- Auditing, logging, and reporting
- Tabular, graphical on screen and PDF report creation
- Formal execution and creation of verification reports.
- Test strategy design and test protocol development.
- PLM, PDM implantation and consulting
- Packaging, Labelling like QR and Bar codes
- Medical 3D printing support : generate 3D printable parts from design
Compliance & Regulatory:
- Support Compliance management
- Technical Documentation
- Verification and validation to FDA/EU to regulations
- Labelling management
Realize Business Impact with CADVision:
These are the typical business benefits for clients who are availing of outsourcing services from CADVision:
- Flexible staffing with quick ram-ups for urgent needs.
- Cost reduction in the range of 30 to 40%
- Year on Year Product improvement by 5 to 10%
- Improved time to market